Did Elisabetta Canalis' marriage plans scare off Hollywood's most eligible bachelor George Clooney?

By SARA NATHAN

A girl's best friend: Newly single Elisabetta Canalis was spotted strolling through Milan's Malpensa Airport today with her two dogs


It looked like she was going to succeed where so many others had failed.

But just weeks after Elisabetta Canalis hinted that she could be walking down the aisle with committed playboy George Clooney, their relationship has ended.

Friends claimed last night that Clooney feared the Italian model and TV presenter was trying to tie him down after two years together.

Earlier this month, the 32-year-old suggested marriage could be on the cards as she addressed Clooney’s reputation as an eternal bachelor, saying: ‘I could never be with someone who every time he opens his mouth says he doesn’t want a child with me or to marry me


Hollywood bachelor: George Clooney, pictured with the Italian star in September, has vowed never to walk down the aisle again


‘My boyfriend has not given an interview on his private life since 1999 – everything that you read is just a rehash of stuff that has been written in the past.’

In an interview with Italian magazine Chi that appears to have tempted fate, Miss Canalis continued: ‘My second job at the moment seems to be maid of honour. For the time being that’s how it is, but I’m not putting any time limits.

‘Who knows what will happen? I am a firm believer in marriage, in the future I will be married, but for the time being I am happy as I am. I don’t need anything to confirm how happy I am.’

Clooney, however, has insisted that he would not walk down the aisle again following the end of his four-year marriage to actress Talia Balsam in 1993.


Before the split: The pair were spotted at Il Gatto Nero restaurant near Clooney's home on Lake Como last week


The actor, who turned 50 last month, said: ‘I tried marriage and it didn’t work.
‘I have had long relationships with women and they get bored with me working all the time.

‘My fear is that I would make a lousy husband and I don’t want to put myself, or anyone else, through the pain of finding out. If I was my girlfriend, I wouldn’t put up with me for very long.’

A source in Los Angeles said: ‘Elisabetta is a traditional girl and wanted the fairytale.


Ex factor: Sarah Larson, Lisa Snowdon and Clooney's first wife Talia Balsam


‘But George has never made a secret of his feelings and he wanted things to continue as they were.’

Clooney and Miss Canalis made their romance official in September 2009 after stepping out together at the Venice Film Festival.

The ER star's ex-girlfriends include British model and radio personality Lisa Snowdon and cocktail waitress Sarah Larson.

He is currently working on his new drama, Gravity, with Sandra Bullock.

source : dailymail

Blog Archive