linux wallpaper

images 20 Coolest Linux Distro-themed linux wallpaper. Classic Linux Wallpaper
  • Classic Linux Wallpaper



  • Hey, I know many of you might still be hesitant to attend the rally, and probably there's a number of reasons. But, whichever the reason, please remember this:

    You should attend the rally even if you were the only person attending! You shoulld attend because YOU"VE HAD ENOUGH and you want to tell Congress everything that you have had to be quiet about so far! You should attend because we may not get a chance like this again!

    Think about this. When you are driving your car late at night and you come up to a traffic light on red, you still stop even if there are no cars to be seen anywhere. You do it because that's the right thing to do. When you see someone beating somebody up you speak up, right? Because that's the right thing to do. We are putting the green light on right now for you to speak up, and we have the chance to tell Congress how we have been "betaen up" repeatedly by the system. WE NEED TO DO THIS! Don't stay quiet!!!

    Once you rid yourself of the feeling that "1 more person (you) cannot make a difference" (which you can, by the way, but that's not the point) then you realize that the reasons for attending the rally are based on PRINCIPLE and not only on numbers. That is what Gandhi and Martin Luther King would have done. THEY SUCCEEDED!! WE WILL TOO!! BUT WE NEED YOU IN WASHINGTON!!!





    wallpaper Classic Linux Wallpaper linux wallpaper. Gentoo Linux Wallpaper
  • Gentoo Linux Wallpaper



  • We were traveling the Montr�al on Friday and saw this too. The Border Patrol had set up a roadblock on I-93 S and were stopping everyone.

    While on the way back from White Mountains in NH, our car was stopped on I-93 south by the US border patrol. They were stopping every single vehicle to question. They had over a dozen Govt vehicles with 40-50 people in uniform. My buddy was driving.
    Officer : Sir what is your status in the US ?
    Buddy: I am on L1 visa
    I: H1B
    buddy's wife: L2
    my wife: H4
    officer: is anyone US citizen ?
    I: my son is (he was sitting in the car seat)

    Officer: (to my buddy) Is your visa still valid ?
    Buddy: yes
    officer: do you have documents to prove your status?
    buddy: i have some papers in my bag which in the the trunk
    officer: can you show me?
    (buddy got out showed him tax papers and answered some questions)
    officer: did they not tell you you are supposed to carry your papers while travelling?
    buddy: I came over a year ago so i don't remember
    officer: I am letting you go, but i could have fined you $2000; $500 for each pasenger with no papers.

    I was so pissed off by this experience, clearly they are doing this to harrase immigrants. theoratically even if I am going for a walk i am supposed to carry immigration papers because a border patrol officer, in theory, could asks me for my papers ?

    http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/immigration_Border_flyer.pdf

    I have decided that if anyone ask me such a stupid question again inside the US and i am just going to remain silent even if that means they detain me for some time.





    linux wallpaper. Blue Ubuntu Linux Wallpaper
  • Blue Ubuntu Linux Wallpaper



  • If the country cap was supposed to increase diversity, lets have a country cap based on the person's race. Or lets have a single country cap for the EU. The fact that political integration in Europe has lagged behind China and India is being used by the restrictionists to limit immigration from the 3rd world.

    Anyway, point is the immigration system overall is broken. IV should seriously consider making common cause with the lobby for undocumented immigrants. The way I see it, my H4 wife is an illegal immigrant now since she volunteered at some place in exchange for reduced fees.





    2011 Gentoo Linux Wallpaper linux wallpaper. Christmas Linux wallpaper by
  • Christmas Linux wallpaper by



  • May be hilarious for you, not for me. You would understand the situation if you were in my shoes.

    Please just dont worry about it too much , there are also chances that you may not get an RFE. There are chances that you may get an RFE but you dont know what USCIS will ask from you. You need to have RFE in hand to prepare response for that.





    linux wallpaper. linux-Wallpaper
  • linux-Wallpaper



  • If you are considering MBA please do these things before you decide.

    1. Be absolutely sure why you want a MBA (have a specific reason like I want to move into ABC career or I want to do XYA in X years). Research the programs available and pick a program that suits your goals.

    2. Talk to spectrum of people who have either achieved or on a patch to achieving ABC or XYZ you have identified in the above step. Find out how MBA helped them achieve their goals. Talk to people who have just finished MBA or in class right now along with people who have done MBA 10 years ago.

    MBA is not just a degree, its much more than that. Depending on the program you get into, the brand and the networks can add far more value than what just a degree could have.

    Disclaimer: I am enrolled in MBA program at Haas (University of California, Berkeley). So my views might be biased.





    linux wallpaper. tux-wallpaper-cindy-margolis.
  • tux-wallpaper-cindy-margolis.



  • Is there any IV member in DC willing take up this task, while we work on document?

    The next step is really to get an appointment with the official. We can get signatures/representation much easily.





    linux wallpaper. Puppy Linux Wallpaper
  • Puppy Linux Wallpaper



  • Infinite_Patience_GC,

    Though I don't like your language and attitude, you have a valid point. I honestly feel that those who have used labor substitution should not get their green cards earlier than me.





    2010 Blue Ubuntu Linux Wallpaper linux wallpaper. 20 Coolest Linux Distro-themed
  • 20 Coolest Linux Distro-themed



  • Guys......
    Lets try to get more people involved, and get them to contribute. Talk to your friends. Convince them that they need to invest in IV now, to get results in the next six weeks to six months.

    Updates from core are unnecessary. Either things will happen in Febuary (485 filing) or they won't. We will find out in a few weeks.

    Try to increase membership and contributions at this point. The purpose of this thread was to try to estimate and predict visa bulletin times, so we could convince people they were in a bad situation; but we found that to be pretty difficult to do. If you can add to that topic, please feel free to do so. Otherwise, this thread should just be closed.

    In the new year, I have not seen any posts expalining how IV is "working" on resolving our issues. All that is posted now is requests for money. I know more money is needed and would be glad to contribute, if only the senior members show that some serious efforts are being made in the background. Yes IV did do very good work last year, but that is history now; but what work is going on now, nobody knows. Don't need details, but even broad details will help. Is something being done for appropriation bills, no one knows or tells.

    For example, after the elections no attempts virtually no attempts have been done to do webfax campaign tragetted towards pro-immigration inclined politicians. No lists have been made of such politicians. Just by waking up few days before the bills are discussed is not going to help.





    linux wallpaper. linux-Wallpaper
  • linux-Wallpaper



  • http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/TransformationConOps_Mar07.pdf





    hair Christmas Linux wallpaper by linux wallpaper. -linux-wallpaper.jpg
  • -linux-wallpaper.jpg



  • I am all for making contribution as well as sending faxes or personal letters. Count me in.

    No responses yet ...Oh come on guys ...YOU want to pay $10 now or want to wait for 10 years to get your GREEN CARD ???





    linux wallpaper. Oops Linux Humor Wallpaper
  • Oops Linux Humor Wallpaper



  • That "small change" of EB2 China PD is very important. It suggests that there is going to be "Spill over" so EB2 India and China will have to move together to use the unused numbers. A good sign; at least EB1 retrogression does not seem to be likely and there will be some spill over numbers to EB2 India (EB2 china may not benefit much as it had a PD later than that for the rest of the year.

    Scorpion: how can you say "no spill over". EB2ROW is current and so spill over is likely (more likely from EB1 and even to some extent from EB2 ROW)
    Moreover, EB2 ROW remained current meaning that they have not used all their quota; they will not use any spillover numbers and they may even provide spill over numbers to EB2 India and China.





    hot linux-Wallpaper linux wallpaper. Mandrake Linux Wallpaper
  • Mandrake Linux Wallpaper



  • Dear Editor,

    Good Morning.
    I would like to bring a mistake in this article to your attention. My wife and myself( along with my father who is visiting US) marched to Capitol Hill to improve the efficiency in Green Card processing by fixing administrative delays and increasing per-country quota. But not for increase in H1-B visas.

    Please update this column with the correct information.

    Thanks
    Sree





    house Filename: wall-linux-pack02.7z linux wallpaper. transpixel, Tux Linux
  • transpixel, Tux Linux



  • Why am I not suprised with this news?

    I think it is self evident that even though there is some spill over I think large number of visa's are getting wasted. Else last year we should have seen better movement than just wrapping up 2004. In 2008 there were so many people with 2005 & 2006 PD who were approved. I think it was either inefficiency on part of USCIS or a go slow directive from the administation that has caused visa wastage.

    One immigration business shop says that visas are being wasted and that's our proof. We are now ready to list the reasons why visa numbers are being wasted. Not only the visas have been wasted but according to you the reason for wastage are -

    1.) Inefficiency
    2.) Directive from the administration

    But before that, can anybody prove conclusively that visa numbers were wasted. What is the proof? Just because my application is pending doesn't mean that USCIS is wasting green card numbers. Give us all proof that visa numbers are being wasted. Where is the proof. Around 20 days back I wrote an email to the immigration business shop asking for proof of waste of visa numbers. No response.





    tattoo tux-wallpaper-cindy-margolis. linux wallpaper. Linux OS-Tux Wallpaper
  • Linux OS-Tux Wallpaper



  • I got a similar reply as above from CNN





    pictures Puppy Linux Wallpaper linux wallpaper. Linux Wallpaper
  • Linux Wallpaper



  • This radical idea will end retrogression radically. This concept is little tough for people who have no knowledge of country quota to understand.

    1. There is a bill in the house now

    HR 264 Introduced to Congress
    Section A - It will grant GC to people with > 5 years in US
    Section B - For EB skilled immigration for people with <5 years in US, it makes LC process more difficult.

    2. We must encourage this bill with some amendments. Section A which automatically gives green card to people > 5 years in US should be ELIMINATED. Section B should remain.

    3. This causes a reduction in I-485's and CP's because you need to be resident in United States for a minimum of 5 years to apply for Labor. Then ROW people would be able to apply for I-140 and I-485 automatically.

    4. In the last quarter of every year the leftover visas(EB1 and EB2 ROW people will not be able to apply for labor->I-140+I-485 until they stayed in US for 5 years) will be spilled to EB 2 and EB 3 India and China. EB3 ROW, India and China visa retrogression issue will be solved because we will have spillovers for atleast 5 years. This bill is not against ROW people. EB3 ROW people will benefit immensely.

    5. The restrictionists will be happy because nobody can start the green card process without staying in US for atleast 5 years (F1 + h1, j1 + h1, f1 only, j1 only, h1 only statuses)

    So, we should support HR 264 bill with a few amendments if possible.





    dresses Mandrake Linux Wallpaper linux wallpaper. linux wallpaper.
  • linux wallpaper.



  • In theory you are right. But practically Very big corporations/companies have recently started a practice not to hire a person on EAD if I-140 is not clearly approved. Why? Lawyers advise them to do so. I have been hired by very prestigious company recently of course on EAD and first thing they wanted to make a check was on whether I have I-140 approved or not. Secondly they ask if I could submit 3 years audit report for "previous employer". That could make sense to me as it was a clear hint that they wanted to check whether I am coming from good financial based company or not... Why? The reason is that if that would not have been the case then there could be the chance of denying I-140 although it was approved. At least in my network of friends I am the third person who experienced this level of scrutiny before hiring on EAD. The reason is simple. They do not want to hire a guy who can not work at some time of the initial period due to I-140 related problems. So bottom line, I-140 approval is must nowadays for working in big corporations with EAD.


    I am worried about this financial reports. I am not sure many consulting companies will give those to employee who is leaving





    makeup linux-Wallpaper linux wallpaper. Filename: wall-linux-pack02.7z
  • Filename: wall-linux-pack02.7z



  • Hi,

    I am in the same boat and have lost my sleep. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and my lawyer definitely did not have time to get the employment letter from my wife's employer.

    Our attorney has also signed on our behalf in rush to file the 485 before the July 2nd deadline :mad:

    Please can someone say with authority whether it is needed or not needed?

    Man this is really killing me! I don't to thank or yell at my attorney for the mad rush and filing of 485 for July 2nd deadline.





    girlfriend Linux OS-Tux Wallpaper linux wallpaper. 15 Minimalist Linux Wallpapers
  • 15 Minimalist Linux Wallpapers



  • Although our endeavor should be to make USCIS accept applications through out July , In my opinion We should be willing to accept any compromise cut off date for accepting applications. Say for example two weeks from Jul1 or 1 week from Jul 1st etc. (Worst case being cases received until revised dates are published). I know some of them might not get their applications through in first two weeks , but I think it is better than alternative (Which is no one gets through)




    The current events starting from a rumor has caused frustration in our members. The news coming out of AILA got us into action and we are working on trying to prevent this visa bulletin disaster to happen for our members. Due to weekend, There are less opportunities to pursue but we are not taking this as an excuse and please know that IV is working this weekend and have been working ever since we heard about this news and are using all measures and contacts at the appropriate levels of government to help our members. At this time we do not have a conclusive outcome for our members as the efforts are continuing. The efforts are in full swing and will continue until the bulletin comes out. We are prepared to make efforts on Monday when the offices open.

    Be assured we are considering all options. We are also working with like minded organizations and on
    our own to prevent this disaster to happen for our members. IV is committed to pursue measures in case of any
    visa bulletin that will change the current dates.

    Please be patient and continue to support us. We will continue to update on the website as we have any more
    update to share. The DOS's actions, USCIS actions and the resulting litigation from USCIS or other plaintiffs will take time to materialize and core group will post updates and action items as soon as there is something actionable that we wish for all our members to participate.

    Please continue with your 485 filing process and file your 485 as soon as possible. Do not be late and do not postpone or slow down your 485 filing work due to rumors or other fears. Keep doing what you are doing.

    IV may post update about its course of action as early as Sunday evening.

    IV team





    hairstyles Oops Linux Humor Wallpaper linux wallpaper. Linux 102_1024.jpg
  • Linux 102_1024.jpg



  • thanks. now wonder EB3 -I is screwed. I just need to apply in EB2.

    Previously, the policy was that all worldwide numbers would fall down into worldwide third and then from there, fall across to the countries impacted by retrogression (i.e. India, China). The policy was recently clarified and today the unused numbers are allocated within the same preference classification.





    hi everyone,
    I want to get feedback about the possibility of pursuing PERM for EB2 and still capture my PD for EB3. Here is my situation.

    I am a South Korean with PD in Dec. 04 on EB3. I filed I-485 along with EAD & AP on 7/25/07.
    I recently got a master's degree in another field, and my current job can hire me in a different position.

    Q1. If I ask my employer to file PERM on EB2 for the new position requiring the master's degree, I should be able to capture the PD (12/04) for my EB3, right?

    Q2. Based on the september visa bulletin, should I wait on the EB-3 AOD application to be processed or would it be faster to switch to EB-2 and refile I-485? Please explain why.

    Thanks.

    If your employer files PERM now for the new position under EB2, LC is needed before your employer can file new I-140. I don't know if this will impact your original PD





    I also want to file EAD and AP but the company attorney is saying it is safer to file the EAD and AP once the I-140 is approved.
    For AP it doesn't matter approved I-140 or not. For EAD it's safer not to use it till I-140 approval. I would apply for it and hold just in case. Also your spouse can use EAD without I-140 approval, she/he can switch back to H4 if 140 is denied. I's critical for main applicant to maintain H1/L1 status.

    if We do not file the EAD and AP along with the I-485 and once the priority dates are retrogessed. Can we file EAD and AP even though the priority dates are not current and our I-485 is pending?Yes, you can continue to file and use AD and AP while dates retrogressed.



    Blog Archive